Buy Me a Coffee

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

HP LA2205wg screen is not detected by windows 7 and Nvidia Quadro NVS 295

After installing Nvidia Quadro NVS 295 and HP LA2205wg screen on windows 7 64 bit, I have found out that screen resolution can not be detected by windows, the max resolution is poor, about 600*800 while it should be 1680X1050.
I have opened a service call in HP customer support but were unable to solve it, I guess this is because I was using a KVM which cause the screen not to be detected.

I order to solve that problem, I have created an ini file which force the operating system to install "another" screen with only one type of resolution 1680 X 1050.
Here is how:

1. Remove the Nvidia Quadro NVS 295 driver and click on "delete driver files" check box.
2. Restart the computer.
3. Install HP driver 8.16.11.9142 to the display card (download it from HP site).
4. Install the display driver (HP 2205wg):
    a. Open the device manager.
    b. right click on the installed screen and choose "update device driver".
    c. Browse my computer for driver software
    d. Let me pick from a list
    e. Have Disk
    f. install the following inf file > http://rapidshare.com/files/438504431/monitor.inf
    g. confirm the unsigned driver.
    h. Install....
    i. set the computer resolution to 1680*1050.

 This is it, let me know if it helped.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous17/9/12 15:56

    I tried it this way:

    - Install the new drivers downloaded from HP
    - NVidia now looses the control and NVidia Control Panel fails to open
    - Restart the computer
    - Change the settings as per the convenience

    Works perfectly alright...

    ReplyDelete